6.10.2008

this is my kind of town... CHICAGO is!

I had to go to Chicago for some training for work and luckily Wes was able to go with me. I didn't know what I had in mind for Chicago, but I wasn't expecting it to be as cool as it was. We stayed about 2 blocks from Lake Michigan in a historic hotel that was walking distance or a quick train ride to almost everything we wanted to. We took in a White Sox game (the Cubs were out of town), an architectural boat tour, went to the top of the Sear's tower, spent some time at a Jazz & Blues Festival, and ate some delicious Chicago style Pizza. I won't bore you with the 700+ picture we (when I say we, I mean Wes!) took in 3 days. Here are just a few.The view from the top of the Sear's Tower.
The coolest piece of art, the Bean, at Millenium Park. I could have stayed there for days just looking at it.
Wes and I taking a cheesy picture at the Bean!


Wes doesn't let me take his picture very often, so this is the best I got!




White Sox had an exciting game against KC Royals, of all teams. The game went 15 innings. The White Sox finally won!

One day while I was in class, Wes took the train to the south side of town to find Obama's church (well, former church). The south side of Chicago is sketchy neighbor hood. Wes got off the train and realized that he was in a bad part of town, took a couple of shots of the church and hopped back on the train. I laugh thinking about the scenario!

2 comments:

Alice said...

What a fun trip. I love the picture of you Jen in the hat with the brown shirt. You seriously look so good. I am glad you got to mix business and pleasure a little bit. It makes me happy to see you living such a happy life. Oh, of course I have to mention the picture of Obama's church. Interesting. I'm glad Wes lived to tell the tale.

The White House said...

What serious fun. Buissness trips don't always have to be a bore.:)