2.04.2008

Sac Town's Free Museum Day

On Saturday, Sacramento had free museum day for all 30 museums in town. I had good intentions to go to several, but our first stop was Sutter's Fort and it was kind of cold and rainy. So we went to lunch instead of going to the remaining museums. (One of these days I will get to the govenor's mansion. Arnold doesn't live there, but he and his wife host parties there some times. Apparently, his real house is much nicer and larger than the regular govenor's mansion. Nancy Reagan didn't mind it!)
Sutter's Fort was pretty cool. The tour guides dress up in clothing from the era. We even got to see them shoot the cannon. On a good day they make bread and cinnamon rolls in an outdoor oven and they are really good. So if you are ever in Sacramento, Sutter's Fort is pretty cool to see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love history and going to things like that! It is always so fun!